Netflix’s Orange is the New Black is more popular than The Handmaid’s Tale from Hulu this week. Two new shows launched have also reappeared on the top ten. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For May 18, 2017 – May 24, 2017 – Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions™:
- Orange Is The New Black, Netflix: 21,585,066
- 13 Reasons Why, Netflix: 20,993,869
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Hulu: 17,249,886
- Sense8, Netflix: 9,000,055
- Master of None, Netflix: 8,841,504
Insights from Parrot:
- This week, Netflix’s Orange is the New Black overtook previous fan-favourite 13 Reasons Why due to the recent hack. The Handmaid’s Tale from Hulu slips to number three in the top digital original series chart in the United States. The prison drama series had 25% more demand than The Handmaid’s Tale.
- Also, Netflix’s Master of None has reappeared in the chart this week when new episodes aired on May 12.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com