There is an increasingly common trend towards disintermediation (e.g., Disney announcing the launch of its own VOD service planned for 2019); the industry is becoming more complex every day and consumer choices abound. Video-on-demand (VOD) television measurement, as well as SVOD, TVOD and AVOD TV series measurement, are all based on our Demand Expressions unit, a metric established by Parrot Analytics to capture demand for TV content across all platforms in 100+ markets. In this article, we investigate which streaming TV series, as well as pay TV, broadcast, and linear TV series, are currently the most in-demand in the U.S. domestic market in the last two weeks. As each article, our charts are powered by Parrot Analytics global TV demand data.
Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For 07 June, 2018 – 20 June, 2018 – Top five Digital Original Series in the United States and Average Demand Expressions®:
- ‘13 Reasons Why’, Netflix: 38,914,250
- ‘Sense8’, Netflix: 28,976,920
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’, Netflix: 26,108,568
- ‘Cobra Kai’, YouTube Premium: 19,697,172
- ‘Orange is the New Black’, Netflix: 18,514,402
Insights from Parrot Analytics:
- Season three of Netflix’s ‘13 Reasons Why’ was announced on June 6 – likely a contributing cause to helping the series to continue to be the most in-demand digital series, with a 9.9 million Demand Expressions differences over the second ranking title, ‘Sense8’.
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ from Hulu continued to aired weekly, with 26.1 million Demand Expressions in the last two weeks.
- Notably, the launch of the series finale episode of ‘Sense8’(demand doubled compared in the same period last year) on June 8 caused high demand. The modern science-fiction drama has 47% more demand compared to dormant titles like ‘Cobra Kai’ and ‘Orange is the New Black’ (both titles are ranked in the bottom two).
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system.
Parrot Analytics captures an unprecedented spectrum of actual audience behavior including video streaming consumption, social media, blogging platforms, file-sharing and peer-to-peer consumption spanning 100 countries. This enables media companies, for the very first time, to understand audience demand for content across all content distribution platforms in all markets around the world.
For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com