Season two of The Crown had slightly more demand compared to the latest season of dystopian sci-fi show Black Mirror. Stranger Things is still #1 in the United States. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For 28 December, 2017 – 10 January, 2018 – Top Five Digital Original Series in the United States and Average Demand Expressions®:
- Stranger Things, Netflix: 43,371,369
- Star Trek: Discovery, CBS All Access: 36,811,924
- Marvel’s Runaways, Hulu: 18,569,102
- The Crown, Netflix: 18,324,730
- Black Mirror, Netflix: 18,238,228
Insights from Parrot Analytics:
- By using Parrot Analytics global demand data, we can see which Digital Original Series benefited the most from the holiday audience trends. In the United States, the most in-demand show is still Stranger Things – the top three rankings remain unchanged.
- The Crown’s entire second season was released slightly earlier on December 8, with less than 2% demand differences compared to Marvel’s Runaways from Hulu in the holiday period means that was a favorite choice for many people to watch, perhaps inspired by the real Royal’s activity over that time.
- Rounding out the digital originals list at the fifth position, the dystopian sci-fi show Black Mirror had less demand compared to other hit Netflix’s titles, which released a new season on December 29 and was clearly binged by many people before 2018 arrived.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system.
Parrot Analytics captures an unprecedented spectrum of actual audience behavior including video streaming consumption, social media, blogging platforms, file-sharing and peer-to-peer consumption spanning 249 countries. This enables media companies, for the very first time, to understand audience demand for content across all content distribution platforms in all markets around the world.
For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com