Netflix’s “Ozark” is capturing audiences’ attention with its moody setting. “Stranger Things” is catching up in demand. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For August 3, 2017 – August 16, 2017 – Top 5 Digital Original Series in the United States and Average Demand Expressions®*:
- “Ozark”, Netflix: 25,831,235
- “Stranger Things”, Netflix: 11,798,915
- “The Handmaid’s Tale”, Hulu: 10,718,489
- “Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later”, Netflix: 10,007,047
- “Castlevania”, Netflix: 9,982,196
* Demand Expressions®: A global metric standard developed by Parrot Analytics which represents the total audience demand being expressed for a title, within a market. Audience demand reflects the desire, engagement and viewership, weighted by importance; so a stream/download is a higher expression of demand than a ‘like’/comment.
Insights from Parrot Analytics:
- Ozark has caused quite a stir since its July 2017 Netflix release: The crime drama had roughly three times as much demand as Castlevania in the week of August 3 to August 16. On August 15, Ozark has already been renewed for a second season.
- Since the launch of Netflix’s Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later on August 4, the satire comedy series has been propelled to #4 on the digital original series chart. Also, Stranger Things had 10% more demand than The Handmaid’s Tale from Hulu in the last 14 days.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system.
Parrot Analytics captures an unprecedented spectrum of actual audience behavior including video streaming consumption, social media, blogging platforms, file-sharing and peer-to-peer consumption spanning 249 countries. This enables media companies, for the very first time, to understand audience demand for content across all content distribution platforms in all markets around the world.
For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com