A Japanese series from Netflix is the top digital original series in the week of July 6th to 19th; plus, award-winning shows from Netflix jumped back in the chart. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For July 6, 2017 – July 19, 2017 – Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions®:
- Castlevania, Netflix: 23,175,616
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Hulu: 15,984,244
- Orange Is the New Black, Netflix: 15,217,144
- 13 Reasons Why,Netflix: 10,739,863
- Stranger Things, Netflix: 9,566,422
Insights from Parrot:
- Netflix’s Castlevania is capturing audiences’ attention; the anime series is now the most popular digital original series in the US. The animated series is produced in the US and features art style that is heavily influenced by Japanese anime. The series is generating roughly twice as much demand as The Handmaid’s Tale from Hulu in the week of July 6th to 19th.
- Hulu’s newest original drama is ranked #2 on the digital original series chart, likely on the back of the show’s 13 nominations at the Emmy Awards 2017.
- Older favourites such as Netflix’s Stranger Things reappeared in the chart as new episodes return on October 27.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com