House of Cards returns with new episodes and dominated in this week’s chart. The recently cancelled Sense8 reappeared in the chart. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For June 1, 2017 – June 7, 2017 – Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions™:
- House of Cards, Netflix: 20,846,181
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Hulu: 19,475,292
- Orange Is The New Black, Netflix: 19,134,466
- 13 Reasons Why, Netflix: 17,590,196
- Sense8, Netflix: 13,287,538
Insights from Parrot:
- Demand for the fifth season of House of Cards, with new showrunners Frank Pugliese and Melissa James Gibson increased as it became the most popular digital original this week. In the first full month after its season one release, The Handmaid’s Tale from Hulu, had only 7% less demand than Netflix’s House of Cards.
- Elsewhere, Orange is the New Black and 13 Reasons Why stayed consistent as the third and fourth-most popular series.
- While Sense8 has reappeared in the chart this week after Netflix announced that the sci-fi series has been cancelled after two seasons, the news came a week after The Get Down was axed after just one season.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com