Netflix’s Orange is the New Black is in-demand digital original series in the United States this week with The Ranch, a comedy starring Ashton Kutcher, climbing to number four. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For June 15, 2017 – Jun 21, 2017 – Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions ®:
- Orange is the New Black, Netflix: 29,135,399
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Hulu: 25,389,365
- 13 Reasons Why, Netflix: 14,417,044
- The Ranch, Netflix: 11,555,914
- House of Cards, Netflix: 10,263,669
Insights from Parrot:
- With 15% more demand than The Handmaid’s Tale from Hulu, Netflix’s Orange is the New Black is still the most in-demand digital original series in the United States this week. Moreover, demand has risen by 40% compared to a fortnight ago, suggesting the prison drama series will remain the top show for some time to come.
- The season finale of The Handmaid’s Tale on June 14, in turn, surpassed 13 Reasons Why by approximately twice the demand this week.
- This week, the launch of new episodes of Netflix’s The Ranch on June 16 propelled the comedy series to fourth place on the digital original series chart.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com