Netflix’s Glow is fighting to the top of the digital original series chart and slamming the competition. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For June 29, 2017 – July 5, 2017 – Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions®:
- Orange is the New Black, Netflix: 17,780,634
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Hulu: 15,262,284
- 13 Reasons Why, Netflix: 12,553,997
- GLOW, Netflix: 12,103,087
- Sense8, Netflix: 10,417,934
Insights from Parrot:
- This week in the United States, the top three positions remain unchanged compared to last week with a new Netflix comedy series GLOW about woman’s wrestling leaping to fourth place in the top digital original series chart. Demand for Netflix’s Orange is the New Black and The Handmaid’s Tale from Hulu both fell by roughly 65% compared to two weeks ago.
- Rounding out the top five digital originals chart is Netflix’s Sense8, which was initially cancelled on June 1. But due to strong support from fans it was announced on June 29 that Netflix would broadcast a two-hour series finale “sometime in 2018”.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com