Critics called the neo-noir sci-fi series starring Joel Kinnaman TV’s most rad science fiction show. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For 15 February, 2018 – 28 February, 2018 – Top five Digital Original Series in the United States and Average Demand Expressions®:
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’, CBS All Access: 55,685,458
- ‘Stranger Things’, Netflix: 24,742,661
- ‘The Grand Tour’, Amazon Video: 21,865,468
- ‘Altered Carbon’, Netflix: 19,471,883
- ‘Black Mirror’, Netflix: 18,377,307
Insights from Parrot Analytics:
- Our newest TV ratings data utilizing Demand Expressions, which is a global measurement unit based on country-specific demand for television content across all platforms and devices, shows that Netflix’s ‘Altered Carbon’ is United States TV’s No. 4 most in-demand program for the last two weeks. The adult-oriented series has seen the first season surge, giving it 19.5 million average Demand Expressions for the week ending February 28.
- All five series is on hiatus at the moment, hence why the demand has flatlined in the United States.
- Also, Amazon’s ‘The Grand Tour‘ is ranked #3. Its high demand is likely due to the finale on February 16 with a parade of celebrities and stunts. This is the most top position the motoring-focused series has been placed since its season two launch on December 8.
Please download the full 65 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: United States Television Report – SVOD Demand and Audience Preferences
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s most extensive audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system.
Parrot Analytics captures an unprecedented spectrum of actual audience behavior including video streaming consumption, social media, blogging platforms, file-sharing and peer-to-peer consumption spanning 249 countries. This enables media companies, for the very first time, to understand audience demand for content across all content distribution platforms in all markets around the world.
For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com