Since the new season launch of Netflix’s “Narcos” on September 1, the crime drama has been propelled to #1 on the digital original series chart. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For 31 August – 13 September 2017 – Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions®:
- Narcos, Netflix: 23,395,730
- Ozark, Netflix: 14,279,111
- Stranger Things, Netflix: 11,016,931
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Hulu: 8,684,936
- Marvel’s The Defenders, Netflix: 8,526,784
Insights from Parrot:
- Netflix’s latest mega-hit Narcos has overtaken Ozark as the most popular digital original series with roughly twice the demand of the former top show. The new season of Narcos was released on September 1.
- On the other hand, the third-ranked digital original series Stranger Things had 27% greater demand than The Handmaid’s Tale.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com