The BET Awards are this Sunday, and as usual, BET Digital and BET Social have plenty of complementary integrations in store. Whether its interacting with BET via chatbot, a chance to win a designer dress, or a behind the scenes look at the show via Instagram, fans will have the opportunity to experience the awards in innovative ways.
The awards will be hosted by Leslie Jones and will feature performances by Mary J. Blige, Maxwell, El Debarge, Xscape, A$AP Rocky, French Montana, Gucci Mane, Swae Lee, Khalid,SZA, Kamasi Washington, Bruno Mars, Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, and DJ Khaled, among many others.
Below, a summary of BET’s digital and social activations for the show:
- La La’s Glo Up contest– La La Anthony and BET want to give viewers an opportunity to snag a one of a kind designer dress. To enter La La’s Glo Up contest contestants must upload an original one-minute (1:00) video using hashtags #BETAwardsGloUp and #contest and explain why you deserve a custom dress designed by celebrity designer Thai Nguyen, who was responsible for La La’s highly buzzed about Met Gala dress. For more information visit http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-awards/2017/more/la-la-s–gloup-contest.html
- Trophies–In the new original series Trophies, viewers will get the feels as we revisit past BET Awards with the winners in top categories. Featuring Ja Rule, Benny Boom and 2 Chainz, find out how these artists define winning, what their BET awards mean to them and where they keep their trophies. Plus, their candid and must-see reactions to watching their acceptance speeches. Watch episodes now at COM/TROPHIES
- Backstage Live stream on Twitter Go Live hosted by Chris Spencer and Zainab Johnson. Backstage Live stream on Twitter Go Live will featurebackstage interviews with performers, presenters and other celeb VIPs. Begins Saturday, June 25 LIVE at 8:30 EST on com/BETAwards
- Rehearsal 360 – A fresh take on BET Digital’s rehearsal coverage BET.com will follow the rehearsal of one performance and talk to the artist and the team that puts it together. Ever wanted to know why they chose that song, or that outfit, or even those dancers? Now you can. Rehearsal 360will explore set creation, choosing the song(s) from inside the label and the costs for one spectacular performance for a robust 360 view that shows us what it takes to put together the hottest performances. Episode launches Wednesday, June 28 on com/BETAwards
- On Sunday, June 25 on com/BETAwardswill post real time performances, acceptance speeches and show highlights. Plus, red carpet, show and post show recaps and behind-the-scenes photos.
- Snap Chat—BET Social will host a live story and a nationwide Snap Chat filter launching on 6/25 that allows fans across the country to get photo bombed by BET AWARDS 17host Leslie Jones.
- Facebook Live red carpet experience powered by Nissan that will launch at 4PM PST on 6/25.
- Instagram– @BETAwardsaccount will provide fans with an intimate behind the scenes perspective of the BET AWARDS 17 from start to finish in an Instagram story.
- Real time gifs from the BET AWARDS 17 will be made available via the #BETX Messenger Bot (https://m.me/BETexperience ) by sending it the
- Celebrity Basketball Game –com will live-stream the BET Experience Celebrity Basketball Game presented by Sprite and State Farm. Chris Brown, Snoop Dog, Floyd Mayweather and many others will take the court. The live stream can be accessed on Saturday June 24 by visiting the BET Experience microsite bet.com/betexperience and clicking on the “LIVE” option in the menu bar.
- AT&T Genius Talks Live Streams–BET will live streaming its highly coveted Genius Talks! Hosted by Charlamagne tha God,Genius Talks, will continue to bring viewers the keys to success from some of the hottest people in the industry such as Issa Rae, Ava Duvernay, Tracee Ellis Ross, New Edition and Nick Cannon. The live streams can be accessed on Saturday June 24 by visiting the BET Experience microsite com/betexperience and clicking on the “LIVE” option in the menu bar.
- Penn Foster Teen Summit– Teen Summit is back! BET Digital will give a glimpse into the best moments of Teen Summit 2017 at BET Experience sponsored by Penn Foster. It’s 2017 and teens have an open forum to discuss the issues that can confront them every day.
- Facebook Messenger-based chatbot— BET and Conversable, an AI-powered conversational intelligence platform, announced the launch of a new chatbot to engage fans and attendees of the fifth annual BET Experience at L.A. LIVE presented by Coca-Cola®. The chatbot will provide a 360-degree digital experience with exclusive content and real-time event updates. It’s now available through Facebook Messenger, coinciding with the lead-up to the “BET Awards” on June 25, 2017.
This is the first US-based Viacom chatbot to integrate with a live event. The chatbot will offer GIFs on demand, show info, FAQs, and more to enable fans to get the most out of their experience, all on the familiar and popular Facebook Messenger platform. The chatbot also has robust integration with the BETX ’17 App powered by AT&T, ensuring fans can access all the content and features of the BET ecosystem from convenient and conversational digital endpoints.
- “The X Squad” social media influencers— With a total influence of 12 Million followers on Instagram, 10 social influencers (from the US & Int’l) will be given unmatched access to the BET Awards and BET Experience. Each influencer will share their every step with all of their followers.
- Partnered with Tumblr to promote DJ Khaled’s performance at BETX– DJ Khaled invited 4 fans to chat LIVE on Tumblr’s new app Cabana and garnered 35 million impressions.