The new “Star Trek: Discovery” is going boldly go where no franchise has gone before – to a contemporary SVOD service! Plus, a new adult animated sitcom created by Nick Kroll debuted on Netflix. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
For 28 September – 11 October 2017 – Top five Digital Original Series in the United States and Average Demand Expressions®:
- Star Trek: Discovery, CBS All Access: 52,747,110
- Big Mouth, Netflix: 18,115,355
- Stranger Things, Netflix: 16,708,085
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Hulu: 10,507,792
- Narcos, Netflix: 10,105,250
Insights from Parrot Analytics:
- Star Trek: Discovery from CBS All Access is number one in the top digital original series chart in the United States. It is the first series developed specifically for that SVOD service and the first Star Trek franchise series since Star Trek: Enterprise concluded in 2005. The science fiction series had five-times as much demand as The Handmaid’s Tale from Hulu. The first two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery premiered on September 24, with subsequent episodes added on a weekly basis.
- The second-ranked title is Netflix’s Big Mouth, co-created by Nick Kroll as a semi-biographical comedy exploring the teenage adventures of puberty.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system.
Parrot Analytics captures an unprecedented spectrum of actual audience behavior including video streaming consumption, social media, blogging platforms, file-sharing and peer-to-peer consumption spanning 249 countries. This enables media companies, for the very first time, to understand audience demand for content across all content distribution platforms in all markets around the world.
For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com