Each month, Found Remote partners with 4C to publish the rankings of the brands that saw the most social engagement lift from their TV commercials. In May, the top brands were Amazon for broadcast and Oreo for cable.
More insights from May:
- Oreo travels to the top of the cable rankings with spots promoting new innovations like Oreo Thins and Oreo Chocolate Candy Bars. Weekday ads in the afternoon drove the most social engagement for Oreo.
- Amazon’s Echo campaign, which focuses on humorous moments when Alexa comes to the rescue, continues to resonate as consumers respond to the campaign with social engagement on Amazon’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Daytime TV spots on soap operas drove social engagement for Sprint helping the Telco brand climb to the 2nd spot in the broadcast rankings.
- Chanel doubled its number of May broadcast ads it aired year-over-year. The latest campaign promoting N°5 L’EAU toward a younger audience is resonating as social engagement following Chanel’s TV spots was 98% higher.
- Google cable ads are up more than 200x to support its Google Home product.The cable spots are responsible for a 81% increase in social engagement.
Methodology from 4C:
To assess the TV ads generating the greatest consumer response on social media, 4C fuses data from Teletrax, its global TV monitoring network covering more than 1,300 U.S. Channels in all 210 DMAs, and its proprietary social affinity database with engagements from 1.5+ billion social media users across Facebook and Twitter.
By comparing each brand’s social media engagements in the two-minute period after the start of a TV ad to the brand’s average social media engagement rate, 4C calculates the TV Social Lift Impact. Ultimately this is a measure of how much more likely a consumer is to engage with with the brand on social media after seeing its TV ad.
For example, Amazon’s 110% TV Social Lift Impact means Amazon’s broadcast TV ads increased Amazon’s social engagements by 110% in the two minutes following the start of an ad.
4C is a global leader in data science and media technology with solutions for multi-screen marketing. Brands, agencies and media owners rely on the 4C Insights Affinity Graph™ to identify their most valuable audiences and improve effectiveness across channels. With nearly $1 billion in annualized media spend running through its software-as-a-service platform, 4C offers activation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and Snapchat as well as TV Synced Ads across display, search, social, and video. The company also provides paid, earned, and owned media analytics leveraging its Teletrax™ television monitoring network which detects over 400 million TV asset airings on an annual basis. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in 15 worldwide locations across the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Hong Kong, India, and Singapore. Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.